Are you a legal professional with a client who needs help in a workers’ compensation case? If you do not handle these types of cases, consider referring your client to The Law Office of Matthew A. Verduzco.
Why Refer Your Case To Us?
- If you are working a large or complex case, you can focus on other aspects of the case where you have more experience or expertise.
- Sometimes cases which initially seem simple can become more complicated as they unfold. You may not have foreseen certain aspects of the case involving workers’ compensation. We can help you to manage these unanticipated aspects of your case.
- You pull risk away from your own practice.
- You give your client the best chance at a fair settlement.
- Maybe you have a neighbor, relative, or friend looking for legal services you do not provide. We receive many of these types of referrals as well.
- Perhaps you are full up on your case schedule right now and simply cannot take on another workers’ compensation case, even if it is your specialty. Your referral can help a client you cannot take on to find justice. When our schedules are full, we can also refer clients back to you.
We enjoy building close working relationships with San Diego attorneys and firms, because doing so is a win-win situation for everyone. It bolsters our business and yours, and allows you to offer better and more comprehensive services to your clients. We pay a percentage of our attorneys’ fees to our referring firms, which is yet another benefit for you.
Is Fee Sharing Legal in California?
Fee sharing is a complex part of the legal code in California, and many lawyers are under the impression that they are not allowed to accept referral fees. This is not actually true. According to the State Bar of California, you can accept a referral fee as long as the client approves the fee sharing in writing. We are intimately familiar with the State Bar fee sharing rules, and comply with all of the procedural protocols.
Rest assured that we will honor and respect the original relationship you have already established with your client, and that we will never infringe upon that relationship for any reason. You may continue to stay involved in the case, and if you choose, continue to handle most aspects of the case, while we take care of the aspects related to workers’ compensation.
If you have a client case involving workers’ compensation, and would like to work with a firm that has experience handling those types of cases aggressively and successfully, then give us a call today at (619) 600-0092.
Our consultations for referring lawyers are always free. Let us help you help your client!